Spring-Klein Sports Association 2017 Fall Youth Baseball programs are now available for online registration. Registration details and links for the upcoming season are listed below. Last day to register is 9/4!
The Spring-Klein SuperStars Baseball Program is for our baseball players ages 5-18 with physical, emotional, or mental challenges.
We want to encourage everyone to come out and cheer on these players when they play.
SuperStars Baseball Information
Superstars do not practice. This is a low key, very flexible program especially designed for baseball players with exceptional needs.
You are welcome to come to the games early and work with your child if you'd like. NO need for any special equipment. You are, of course, welcome to bring your own equipment, but there is some to share.
Game Locations & Times
All games are played at Klein Park at 6:30PM unless otherwise specified:
If you would like to be a buddy see below for more information. If you'd like to have your team placed on the schedule
to be a buddy team please email Jamie Bautista at email@example.com.
Instructions for Buddy Teams
What is a buddy? A buddy is baseball player or any individual who is ready and willing to assist the Superstars players needing help playing the game of baseball.
What is expected of a buddy? As a buddy you will be expected to assist players in batting, running to base, running home, fielding, waiting, being ready, being safe, etc. Some Superstars may want you to hold their hand, while others may not care to be touched. Some may not be able to talk to you, but that doesn't mean they have nothing to say. And, just because someone doesn't talk, doesn't mean they can't hear or feel. So, be careful with your words and keep them positive and uplifting! Superstars love the attention and help they receive from their buddies!
Keeping Superstars engaged in the game is sometimes hard to do! But, with lots of encouragement it can be done! Our buddies are never left on their own. There is always a Superstars parent within reach.
Games are played at Klein Park at 6:30. Buddies must arrive by 6:15 for instructions. Games are completed no later than 7:30.
- Minimum of 10 buddies per game times 2 games! Coaches are encouraged to assist as well-We have 2 games going on at the same time so we need 20 BUDDIES PER GAME NIGHT!
- Arrive at 6:15 PM - 15 minutes before game time for instructions with the Superstars coaches
- Buddy teams have no need for gloves, bats or balls-however arriving early to play catch is most appreciated
- Never bring hard balls to the Superstars fields!
- Buddies must be 12 years old or older.
- The most important things to do when you are a buddy...SMILE! Be friendly! Remember to give lots of encouragement, high fives and pats on the back.
- To be considered for a Buddy Team please email the coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
SKSA Youth Baseball News
As you may be aware, there is a greater emphasis today in youth sports on preventing, recognizing, and obtaining immediate treatment of concussions and head injuries. Please read and follow the policy for SKSA Youth Baseball participants.