Registration Refund Policy and Procedures
SKSA Refund Policy
1. Refund will not be issued after the date of the Manager's Meeting, which is when the Managers will receive the final rosters.
2. Late fees will not be refunded
3. There is a $25 processing fee for all refunds
4. Refunds will be by payment method or check.
- You can opt for a credit for future registrations (no processing fee applied)
- If the original payment method is not available as a refund method a check will be mailed
- No cash refunds
5. Refunds may take up to 2-4 weeks for processing
SKSA Refund Request Procedure
To request a refund use the following form: Refund Requst Form
Send a request via email with the following information:
1. Send a request via email to the proper age group VP and president of baseball:
2. In the email subject enter "Refund" / players name / age division:
- Example - "Subject: Refund / Johnny Smith /10U-Metro"
3. Place the following information in the body of the email:
- Players Full Name / Age Division
- Reason for Refund
- Total refund amount requested
- Parent or guardian name requesting Refund
- Mailing address receiving refund
- Indicate if you want a credit or refund. Credits are applied to your SKSA account and can be used for future registrations,
- Please include your online registration order number (on your receipt) to enable faster processing
4. SKSA will approve or deny the request and if approved will issue the refund via payment method or mailed check.
5. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing
Refund Q & A
Q: If my player makes a Select/Elite/Premier team after signing up for registration in Metro will we get a refund?
A: Yes, SKSA will provide a refund minus the $25 administration fee for players that tried out for and made one of these teams provided that team is sign-up for one SKSA Select League play. You should wait to complete your registration until you are certain you will not be playing on one of these teams. The only exception to this is if you join one of these teams after the Metro season has started -or- the team is NOT signed up for SKSA select league play; those situations do not qualify for a refund. The start of the Metro season is signified by the managers meeting date.
Q: How long does it take to get a refund?
A: Typically the process does not take very long, usually a few days to a week. However, our volunteer staff are very busy at the time of registration so please allow 2-4 weeks for completed processing.
Q: Can I get a credit instead of a refund?
A: Yes, SKSA does allow credits to your SKSA registration account. The credits will be available to you for future registrations. Due to reduced overhead there is no processing fee when you opt for an account credit vs. a refund. However credits do expire and must be used in the following session (this does not include Summer League).