Adult Softball Field Rental Information
For information on renting the Adult Softball Fields at Collins Park please contact the adult softball coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Baseball Field Rental Information
In order to request field rentals for the youth baseball fields at Rothwood and Klein Park follow the instructions in the Field Rental Request Procedures documented below. An online request form is also available below.
NOTE: YOU MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT A CREDIT CARD CONSENT FORM PRIOR TO OBTAINING A FIELD RENTAL.
Download → Credit Card Consent Form
Youth Baseball Field Rental Procedure and Policies
In order to rent a field you must have a contact sheet and a credit card consent form on file. This can be downloaded from the Documents section under Baseball on the website, or HERE. No fields will be rented unless this form is on file with a valid credit card. The consent form must be renewed each season (spring and fall).
Once on file, you can submit a rental request via the SKSA website using the Field Rental Request Form. Only requests made via the web form will be reviewed. When requesting field availability you must complete the entire form. Field rentals must be requested at least 24 hours in advance.
Fields are rented in two-hour increments. Monday thru Friday the times are 6PM to 8PM and 8PM to 10PM. On Saturday and Sunday times start at 10AM, 12PM, 2PM, 4PM, 6PM, and 8PM. Field rentals are on a first come, first served basis - however, SKSA league teams are given priority over non-SKSA teams.
Once the rental request has been received and approved based on field availability, you will receive an email confirming your time(s) and field #(s). Example: You have a confirmed practice for Tuesday, 3/3, Field# 5 from 6PM to 8PM.
Always check the website for Field Status before leaving home.
Field Rental Costs
- Non SKSA League Teams: $80 per 2 hour increment
- SKSA League Teams: $50 per 2 hour increment
*SKSA will decide whether or not lights are needed
You must be off the field by the end of your time period. Practices ending at 10PM must be off the property by 10:10PM so the gates can be closed.
- How far in advance can I rent fields?
- Non-SKSA teams: 1 week in advance
- SKSA teams: 2 weeks in advance
- How many practices can I scheduled in a week?
- Non-SKSA teams: 1 practice per week
- SKSA teams: As availability allows
- I need a practice field today, can I get one? All rental requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Once the season starts next day rental requests will be hard to come by. Best practice would be to request one week in advance.
- Do I need to check in before practice? Check in is not needed. The field will be groomed (not chalked) and the lights will be programmed as needed.
- How do I cancel a practice? Send an email to email@example.com 48 hours in advance. If less than 48 hours you will be charged.
- Can I be bumped from my confirmed practice/field rental? Yes, field rentals are not guaranteed. Any of these conditions may result in field rental cancellation by the league:
- Wet field conditions or inclement weather.
- Any SKSA game; scheduled or make-up. Every effort will be made to notify you in advance, and move you to another field if possible in this case.
- A field condition arises that requires SKSA to close the field for maintenance.
- I want to schedule a practice game and need umpires. Whom can I contact? When submitting your field rental request, you can request an umpire. One will be scheduled if available. Umpires will need to be paid in cash before your game starts. Rates are dependent on the age of your teams.
- When will my credit card be charged? Credit cards will be charged once per week for rentals from the previous week. If the website and rainout line have been updated saying all activities have been cancelled, you will not be charged.
- I don’t have a credit card and want to rent a field, what can I do? You or someone from your team must have a credit card on file. This is not optional.
“Do’s” and “Don’ts” Associated with Field Rental
- DO: Be considerate of other teams practice times. If you are scheduled from 6pm to 8pm, be off the field by 8pm. Have your team meeting in the bleachers, considering that the 10pm end time must be out of the park by 10:10pm.
- DO: Please pick up any cups or trash in the dugout, field, and bleachers.
- DON’T: Allow players to dig holes in the outfield. Please help with this as it is a safety concern.
- DON’T: Soft toss of any kind is Strictly Prohibited on any grass surface inside the fences. This means anytime a player is swinging a bat it MUST be on a dirt surface, and NEVER into the fence. Use the hitting cages, soft toss pads, or do this outside of the field only. Foul territory is also prohibited. There are no exceptions on this rule. If you are caught doing this you will likely be asked to leave immediately and loose field rental access. This activity directly results in unnecessary damage to the field - PLEASE JUST DO NOT DO IT.
NOTE: When taking batting practice during your practice, both the hitter and pitcher should be in a dirt area. No batter may back up against the backstop and hit from the grass.
***VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF FIELD PRIVILEGES***